If you are a makeup aficionado or if you are new to the world of beauty and skincare, BB cream must be a phrase that you have heard before. BB Creams and CC Creams are awesome on days that you want to wear minimal makeup, but still look stunning. To know which to use, and what suits your skin the best, we need to know the difference between the two.
What exactly is a BB Cream?
BB cream is short for beauty or blemish balm. This is a skin-first product. Its main aim is to hydrate, illuminate, protect or mattify your skin. It is a hybrid between a makeup product and a skin care product. It gives more sheer coverage than your foundation while protecting your skin and nourishing it. This so great for everyday use - especially to those who love the no-makeup look. It is also perfect for the days on which you want a minimalist makeup.
They are super versatile and there are formulas to suit the different skin types. It is like a tinted moisturizer - in that it is a hydrating makeup product. It is ideal for dry skin.
What is our favorite BB Cream?
The Yeon’s Double Calming Cover Fit is our top pick! It is an innovative BB cream designed to transform your skincare routine, providing you with a fresh, flawless complexion while soothing your sensitive skin.
What sets The Yeon's BB cream apart is its unique double calming layer system. We understand the frustration of dealing with redness and sensitivity, which is why we've brought in a formula that effectively reduces redness while improving the overall condition of sensitive and dull skin. The secret lies in the key soothing active ingredients of Delasome Centella and Panthenol Recovery Complexes that provide specialized soothing care and moisture for tired skin.
- Meticulously removes blemishes and pores!
- A close-fitting powder that doesn’t feel stuffy
- A good product for sensitive and trouble-prone skin as it contains soothing active ingredients
- It adheres meticulously and densely, creating smooth skin without clumping
- Completed skin irritation test, making it safer to use!
- Whitening & Wrinkle Improvement apart from Double Calming effect
- Has UV protection formula of SPF 36 PA++
How to use it?
- Begin with a clean and well-moisturized face, following your regular skincare routine, including cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Take a small amount of The Yeon Double Calming Cover Fit BB Cream and evenly dot it across your face, including your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Use your preferred tool (fingertips, makeup sponge, or brush) to blend it outwards towards your hairline and jawline. Pay extra attention to areas with blemishes or redness, applying an additional thin layer or concealer if needed for added coverage.
The Lu’pium Cover Prime BB Cream is a multifunctional BB Cream that gives you a crack-less tight coverage with a brighter skin tone. Where The Yeon BB Cream wins is that its more lighter, non stuffy with an intensive soothing formula than Lu’pium.
- Lightly and densely covers skin irregularities
- Smoothes skin texture and skin troubles
- Provides moist, clean and radiant skin
- Gives a natural and smooth look
- Whitening, wrinkle improvement
- Provides UV protection of SPF 24 PA++
With a non-sticky silky finish, this BB cream gives your skin SPF 24 PA++ protection. It contains 8 layers of Hyaluronic acid and provides moisture deep within!
It contains 3 natural oils (Macadamia Ternifolia Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil and Castor Seed Oil) that further hydrate and moisturize the skin. They provide vitality to tired skin Therefore, your skin stays nourished for longer and allows the coverage to remain adhered to your face for longer. It has a pinkish beige tone that naturally blends into your skin and gives you a great look.
How to use it?
- Use as the last stage of your skincare
- Apply an appropriate amount to your entire face and let it absorb into your skin
- Use a makeup tool for this, if you are more familiar with that.
- Apply it evenly, and ensure that it is a thin layer
- Let it dry before you wear a mask, or go on about your day! This will ensure that it won’t smudge.
What is a CC Cream?
The CC in CC Cream stands for color correcting or complexion correcting. It takes away the imperfections in your skin tone, by using colors that are opposite of each other. For instance, using green to cancel out any redness in your face. This way, instead of using different foundations and creams to aid with the color correcting and coverage - just one product acts as your solution!
This works on days when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup but are looking to color correct your complexion. They have more coverage than the BB cream, is lighter and more matte. This is better suited for acne-prone skin!
What is our favourite CC Cream?
The Numbuzin No.2 Goodbye redness Derma Tone Up
A four-in-one skincare product - color corrector, sunscreen, foundation and derma cosmetic, the Numbuzin No.2 Goodbye Redness Derma Tone Up. This automatically adjusts your skin tone especially if your skin is reacting to allergies, or is irritated by some environmental factors or pollution. It has a green base, that changes to match your skin tone.
- Provides UV protection
- Provides soothing and regenerating care
- Covers redness
- Covers blemishes and pigmentation
- Covers blackheads and pores
- Covers dark circles
- Covers acne scars and breakouts
It contains nourishing ingredients like Mugwort extract, Tea Tree Leaf Extract, Noni extract, and Heartleaf Houttuynia extract that soothes the skin. It provides you with regenerative care that keeps your skin comfortable and happy.
How to use it?
- After your final skincare routine step, apply an appropriate amount of the cream on your face and body before you step out
- Reapply as and when you feel necessary.
If you are not a fan of a traditional foundation, or if you love the look of minimal makeup every now and then, these two creams are good to have in your makeup arsenal. They come as multipurpose creams, making it easier to go about your skin and makeup routine. And when you are a person that juggles multiple hobbies, chores, and work, you need to use every excuse to pamper yourself and your skin — as long as it can be done quickly and efficiently. These two creams help nourish your skin while being multi-functional!